From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE weirdness after upgrade past Sunday.
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2020 16:09:55
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 04/03/2020 15:41, Dale wrote:
3 >> [a lot of stuff]
4 > I know you only reboot every other decade, so I have to ask: did you
5 > reboot?
11 I didn't reboot and this is Linux, not windoze.  ;-)  Rebooting
12 shouldn't be required for a GUI update.
13
14 The reason I suspect elogind, it's the only thing updated that wasn't
15 restarted.  All the KDE stuff was.  I manually kill anything KDE that
16 isn't killed when I switch to the boot runlevel.  I've learned in the
17 past that logging out doesn't always reset those.  Thing is,
18 checkrestart, I may have also ran that needrestart thing too, didn't
19 show elogind needed to be restarted.  However, the emerge log shows it
20 was rebuilt which is odd.  As a general rule, when a package is updated,
21 it needs to be restarted.  Bug in checkrestart/needrestart or what?
22
23 Hoping for a chance to test later.  Large download.  May take a while.
24
25 Dale
26