From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Update to /etc/sudoers disables wheel users!!!
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 17:15:30
1 On Wed, 26 Oct 2022 10:21:06 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > > dispatch-conf even gives you the opportunity to edit it before
4 > > applying.
5 >
6 > Yep.
7 >
8 > I almost always reject the changes suggested on config files that I've
9 > modified and accept them on files that I've not modified.
10 >
11 > I really do wish that there was a better way to manage this, likely
12 > involving diffs / deltas. E.g. what changed between the N distribution
13 > file and the N+1 distribution file. Can that same change be safely
14 > applied to the N' distribution file to create the N'+1 file?
15
16 conf-update allows you to merge the new and old files, prompting you to
17 pick which to use on each differing section, with a further option to
18 edit the lines. That way you can keep your changed lines but still add
19 lines relating to new config options.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Top Oxymorons Number 36: Alone together