From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] WPA2 connection configuration?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 22:26:59
1 On Sunday 25 Sep 2011 21:59:05 Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 25.09.2011 22:38, schrieb Mark Knecht:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > Can anyone supply an example of correctly setting up wpa_supplicant
6 > >
7 > > to connect to a WEP2 home network?
8 > >
9 > > If got the modules installed and the hardware telling me it sees
10 > >
11 > > all sorts of ESSIDs but so far I cannot figure out how to give it the
12 > > password correctly. I've been trying to follow this page but it
13 > > completely eludes me.
14 > >
15 > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=4&chap=4
16 > >
17 > > Thanks in advance,
18 > > Mark
19 >
20 > This should be sufficient:
21 > network={
22 > ssid="network_ssid"
23 > key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
24 > psk="password"
25 > }
26 >
27 > Hope this helps,
28 > Florian Philipp
29
30 The above should work, but you may want to also try adding:
31
32 group=CCMP TKIP WEP104
33
34 (or any combo thereof)
37 If you have a key already then all is good. Use that.
38
39 If not, something like this will generate you a key:
40
41 http://www.speedguide.net/wlan_key.php
42
43 https://www.grc.com/passwords.htm
44
45 NOTE: Some (older) routers were having problems using symbols, spaces, etc.
46 so it may be easier to try just simple hex alphanumeric characters to see if
47 it works.
50 If you have a passphrase but not the key, then use the name of your SSID and
51 the wpa_passphrase command to generate the key.
52 --
53 Regards,
54 Mick