From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 5 and portable media mounting
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 17:52:43
1 Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > Hi, All.
3 >
4 > After some issues (some not yet solved, but on the way...), there is
5 > one pretty annoying: regular users have to provide root password in
6 > order to mount a flash drive, for instance.
7 >
8 > Am I missing something? Found some posts on the net, but none has
9 > given enough light on the subject.
10 >
11 > Thank you,
12 > Francisco
15 I just plugged a couple sticks into mine. It didn't even recognize one
16 and the other gave me a permission error. It says I am not authorized
17 to mount the device. So, same problem as you. As someone else posted,
18 I suspect this is a problem with a group setting. The only new group I
19 have listed is sddm which is the display manager. Surely that wouldn't
20 have anything to do with this. I might add, my camera works. I have
21 uploaded some pics just yesterday. Could this be device specific?
22 Also, my phone is recognized as well. It seems only USB sticks are
23 affected here.
24
25 Dale
26