From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quickest/easiest Gentoo install?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 19:30:10
1 On 7/8/20 1:09 AM, Matt Connell (Gmail) wrote:
2 > On Tue, 2020-07-07 at 23:50 -0400, james wrote:
3 >> I have a proton mail account, the free one, very basic.
4 >
5 > Proton mail doesn't allow standard IMAP/SMTP, which is relevant given
6 > the below. If you want to use a mail client, protonmail is probably a
7 > non-starter for you
8 >
9 >> Will this guide allow thunderbird and other complex apps to
10 >> send/receive mail from the postfix server, (thunderbird) ?
11 >
12 > Yes, the guide uses dovecot which is a modern IMAP server. Postfix is
13 > used exclusively for SMTP as an MTA, for sending.
14
15 OK, you have convinced me. I'm got to spin up some extra gentoo systems
16 (rasp.Pi.4) and get the static IPs from the isp. I'll drop a line, when
17 ready.
18
19 DO feel encourages to just keep replying to this thread, with links,
20 suggested config options and anything else. I'm going for the entire
21 enchilada, here::
22 (2) primary dns servers, one mail server (system) and
23 one basic simple web server.