From: Paul Stear <gentoo@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mysql won't start
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 16:22:32
1 Hi all,
2 I moved my /var to a new disk and now amarok will nor work because it can't
3 connect to mysql
4 Can't connect to local MySQL server through
5 socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
6
7 If I /etc/init.d/mysql stop
8 * Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
9 * WARNING: mysql has not yet been started.
10
11 If I /etc/init.d/mysql start
12 * ...
13 * Starting mysql (/etc/mysql/my.cnf)
14 * MySQL NOT started (0)
15
16 If I just type mysql, I get the following error:-
17 ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through
18 socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)
19
20 So it looks as if I have really screwed up moving /var
21 The /var/run/mysql directory is empty
22
23 Can anybody help please.
24 Paul
25 --
26 This message has been sent using kmail with gentoo linux
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list