From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PORTAGE_ELOG
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:07:39
1 On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:28:45 +0200
2 Daniel Iliev wrote:
3
4 > Hi, everyone!
5 Hi,
6 I have little to offer to you...
7
8 > I decided to activate the portage ELOG system. I can't make portage
9 > send mail or write in the syslog. "save" appears to be the only
10 > working "PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM" - it saves log files
11 > in /var/log/portage for the emerge activities. The settings relevant
12 > to ELOG in my make.conf are:
13 > PORT_LOGDIR=/var/log/portage
14 > PORTAGE_ELOG_CLASSES="info warn error log"
15 > PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM="syslog save mail"
16 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root@localhost localhost"
17 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILFROM="portage@localhost"
18 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILSUBJECT="\${PACKAGE}"
19 >
20 > Please, advise.
21
22 I have been having problems with same, but using a "real" mail server
23 (for your root@localhost I assume you're using default postfix install,
24 am I right?)
25
26 I saw the error when a package finished its emerge, then portage told
27 me that there was a problem with AUTH...
28 Please, take a look after a package is compiled (not installed) to look
29 for any special message.
30 And also, take a look into postfix log file...
31
32 > Ah! One more thing: I use postfix and syslog-ng. Both of them seem to
33 > be working properly.
34
35 Cheers!
38 Arnau Bria
39 http://blog.emergetux.net
40 Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
41 Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
42 Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
43 --
44 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list