From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] another "headless device"-question: In search of the LAN
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 14:03:55
1 On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 15:00:39 +0100, Kerin Millar wrote:
2
3 > >> Using 'after' won't work unless both net.eth0 and ntp-client are in
4 > >> the default runlevel. Obviously, that condition is not satisfied if
5 > >> you are using ifplugd. Please try the solution mentioned in my
8 > > ifplugd shouldn't be in any runlevel, it is just there for openrc to
9 > > use.
10 >
11 > I did not claim or suggest otherwise.
12
13 Your suggestion that net.eth0 was not in the default runlevel if using
14 ifplugd suggested that ifplugd was, otherwise the interface would never
15 be started.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional!!