From: mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Limiting amount of memory a program can use.
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2022 21:01:30
1 --"Fascism begins the moment a ruling class, fearing the people may use their political democracy to gain economic democracy, begins to destroy political democracy in order to retain its power of exploitation and special privilege." Tommy Douglas
6 Aug 29, 2022, 10:07 by matt@×××××××.tech:
7
8 > How many torrents are you seeding, for a point of comparison?
9 >
10 > I use deluge (headless) on my home server, seeding anywhere from 500-
11 > 1000 individual torrents, representing ~5TB of total data, and the
12 > process is cruising along at just over 1GB of memory used.
13 >
14 > Maybe qbittorrent just doesn't scale well? I feel like I'm on the
15 > exceedingly-high end of the spectrum with usage of a torrent program,
16 > but I don't know what everyone else is doing.
17 >
18 Faster hard drives/striped raid array would help.  Also check out the "Advanced" section of the preferences in Qbit.  You can control memory use somewhat from there and definitely turn off multiple connections from the same host.