From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Odd portage quirk
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 09:51:09
1 Hello list,
2
3 This box acts as an emerge server for a 32-bit Atom. So I NFS-mount the Atom's
4 portage tree in a 32-bit chroot, build the packages it needs and then emerge
5 the packages on the Atom.
6
7 This morning I found something odd: the Atom wanted to emerge perl 5.24, even
8 though 5.26 was already present, so I got a long list of clashes. This is the
9 emerge command on the Atom:
10
11 emerge -auDvUK --jobs=2 --load-average=4 --changed-use --changed-deps \
12 --with-bdeps=y --nospinner --keep-going world
13
14 The solution was to delete the 5.24 package left over from an earlier emerge.
15 All was then well.
16
17 It looks as though the -K switch caused portage to want to emerge the package
18 even though it wasn't indicated by the update. Is it supposed to do that?
21 Regards,
22 Peter.