From: Dan Cowsill <danthehat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with new install
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 18:18:13
1 On 15/10/2010 10:47 AM, Mike Diehl wrote:
2 > On Friday 15 October 2010 11:40:34 am Florian Philipp wrote:
3 >> Instead of your brute-force "yes to all" approach, newer kernels also
4 >> support `make localyesconfig` which takes all modules currently used in
5 >> the running kernel and compiles them into the new kernel. It is very
6 >> helpful when you already have a good but generic kernel like the one on
7 >> your live CD.
8 >
9 > Oh now this is cool. Thank you. I'll try this, also.
12 I agree, that is pretty cool!
13
14 My two cents: Don't discount the possibility of hardware failure. Is
15 the device new, or old? Have you kept an eye on the SMART attributes of
16 the device?
17
18 Cheers,
19 D