From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Server system date synchronizaion
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:41:06
1 On 04/25/2013 10:33 AM, Nick Khamis wrote:
2 > Hello Everyone,
3 >
4 > We are trying to sync our server's time with an accurate ntp
5 > server, and was wondering which of the many solutions are
6 > considered viable. I did see the
7 > http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Time_Synchronization.
8 > Our services are quite time sensitive.
9
10 My best results so far have been to have one node on my network sync to
11 pool.ntp.org, and to have all other nodes on my network sync to that one
12 node. Short of having a stratum 1 time server on my network, that seems
13 to work the best; done that way, my nodes are within a few milliseconds
14 of each other, near as I can figure.
15
16 For contrast, having all nodes sync to pool.ntp.org results in time
17 variance of up to 2-3 minutes across a dozen or so machines.