From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD and large files
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 11:06:19
1 On Friday 04 July 2008, Dale wrote:
2 > Sebastian Günther wrote:
3 > > * Dale (dalek1967@×××××××××.net) [04.07.08 05:25]:
4 > >> Hi folks,
5 > >>
6 > >> After getting the mailing list working I did some techy
7 > >> shopping. I got me a new DVD burner and k3b does not like large
8 > >> files. I used Kbackup to create a tarball of my data. K3b
9 > >> gives me a error saying the file is to large. I did some
10 > >> googling and searched around on the forums, even posted on one
11 > >> thread, but I can not figure out how to get this thing to burn.
12 > >> Will it just not burn large files or what?
13 > >
14 > > How big is the tarball?
15 > > # ls -lh <tarball>
16 > >
17 > > Check if you have set the Medium size correctly in K3b. Maybe you
18 > > try to burn it on a CD...
19 > >
20 > >> root@smoker / # equery list cdr
21 > >> * installed packages
22 > >> [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.2 (0)
23 > >> [I--] [ ] app-cdr/cdrkit-1.1.6 (0)
24 > >> root@smoker / #
25 > >
26 > > To be faster than Jörg:
27 > >
28 > > He will advise you to unmerge cdrkit and merge cdrtools, but
29 > > first please look for the size of the tarball and the options set
30 > > in K3b
31 > >
32 > >> root@smoker / # emerge -vp k3b
33 > >
34 > > HTH
35 > > Sebastian
36 >
37 > I did set it to write to the DVD. The tarball is about 4Gbs or so.
38 > It should fit on the DVD with no problems.
39
40 4GB is about the limit. Please give the exact size.
41
42 Uwe
45 Ignorance killed the cat, sir, curiosity was framed!
46 --
47 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list