From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] from Firefox52: NO pure ALSA?, WAS: Firefox 49.0 & Youtube... Audio: No
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 20:51:28
1 On Saturday 17 December 2016 14:10:04 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > A note; the developers have stated in the Pale Moon forum that they're
3 > working on getting rid of gstreamer, and having Pale Moon talk directly
4 > to ffmpeg and libav. This gets rid of one layer of middleware, and the
5 > associated security problems.
6
7 FWIW, that's most likely because Firefox did that a few releases ago (I unset
8 the gstreamer USE flag with 44.0, and AFAIK gstreamer support was completely
9 removed with 46.0).
10
11 Greetings
12 --
13 Marc Joliet
14 --
15 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
16 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup