From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Dovecot and authentication
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:59:01
1 I've got a problem; My Dovecot installation uses plain text
2 authentication. I don't like the idea of unencrypted passwords being
3 sent over the Internet, so I want to switch to a different
4 authentication method. I'm mainly worried about my webmail client. I
5 configured Apache last week for SSL access to the webmail client
6 (Squirrelmail), but my Windows users have been saying that they haven't
7 been able to access Squirrelmail since last week before I converted it
8 to SSL. I tried it myself in Windows. Windows said it couldn't even
9 find my domain. After I turned off the SSL, Windows found it. I need
10 something else. The Dovecot wiki mentions several other authentication
11 methods (cram-md5 looks promising), but it doesn't say how to set up a
12 cram-md5 database. Can anyone direct me on how to do this?
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list