From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Building a binary package without installing
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:01:08
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > I wish to build a binary package of glibc-2.14.1-r3. I don't want to
3 > actually install it on my system. Just build a tbz2 for it to use on
4 > another system. Is there a way to do that? Portage aborts when
5 > emerging an older glibc and won't let you proceed, so I can't just
6 > install it normally and them build a binpkg.
12 This should help:
13
14 --buildpkgonly (-B)
15 Creates binary packages for all ebuilds processed
16 without actually merging the packages. This comes with the caveat that
17 all build-time dependencies must already be emerged on the system.
18
19 Hope that helps.
20
21 Dale
22
26 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
27 how you interpreted my words!
28
29 Miss the compile output? Hint:
30 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"