From: Adam Zajac <strider1551@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Some corruption after gnome 2.30
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 16:38:32
1 On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Florian Philipp <
2 lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> wrote:
3
4 > Am 06.08.2010 12:00, schrieb Adam Carter:
5 > > I'm running amd64 and am getting some screen corruption, which i believe
6 > > coincided with the last gnome update.
7 >
8 [snip]
9 >
10 Hmm, maybe a GTK+ issue. I would try to re-emerge gtk+, xulrunner and
11 > then firefox. If that doesn't help, try other X-Server versions.
14 I am also running amd64 and experienced gtk+ issues after the recent gnome
15 update. In my case gtk icon sets were not working as specified in
16 ~/.gtkrc-2.0, regardless what I set gtk-icon-theme-name to. For example,
17 thunar refused to display any icons other than its fallback set. Oddly
18 enough, this only happened on my desktop and not on my laptop, which has an
19 almost identical setup.
20
21 revdep-rebuild reported no issues, and re-emerging gtk+, thunar,
22 and gnome-icon-theme had no effect. Last night I went with the nuclear
23 option (emerge -eav --keep-going world), and it solved the problem.