From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-User ML <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Switching to unstable
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:08:37
1 Am Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:13:26 -0700
2 schrieb Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>:
3
4 > On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 16:11:53 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> > Doing system first makes good sense. Then you can update your config
8 > >> > files, follow the openrc update etc and then reboot. The world part of
9 > >> > the update will take quite a while, especially if you use KDE or
10 > >> > GNOME.
11 > >>
12 > >> <hehe> Less than most PC. It's an i7-980x with 24GB of RAM with RAID1.
15 Gah, I'm getting PC envy ;-) !
16
17 > A couple of packages in this OpenRC upgrade aren't building. I hope
18 > they are less important. So far groff and help2man have failed so I
19 > did --resume --skip-first and moved on for now.
20
21 Just a note: you can also specify "--keep-going" and portage will do that for
22 you and even recalculate the dependencies before continuing. After it's done,
23 it gives you a message listing the packages that failed.
24
25 > Thanks,
26 > Mark
27
28 HTH
29 --
30 Marc Joliet
31 --
32 Lt. Frank Drebin: "It's true what they say: cops and women don't mix. Like
33 eating a spoonful of Drāno; sure, it'll clean you out, but it'll leave you
34 hollow inside."