From: Pavel Volkov <negaipub@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Make BIND inject queries
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 07:40:37
1 I have recently installed BIND as a recursive resolver for local network.
2
3 I'll explain my configuration. There's a network with hosts binded to
4 example.org domain, like host1.example.org, host2.example.org etc.
5 They make DNS query through recursive server A.
6 Authoritative server for example.org domain is server B and it's totally
7 unrelated.
8
9 Below is an example of what I'd like to accomplish.
10 1. When the outside make a DNS query for host1.example.org, it should only
11 receive its AAAA record 2001:db8:a::1.
12 2. When host2 queries server A for host1.example.com, server A should
13 return the same 2001:db8:a::1 AAAA record (resolved through authoritative
14 server) and also inject 192.168.1.100 A record into the reply.
15
16 How can I setup BIND on server A to make it happen?