From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Network scanner [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 08:45:21
1 On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 17:54:32 -0700, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > I just tried gscan2pdf.
4 > It does not offer auto-feed either; black borders still persist (so it
5 > must be an issue with Brother driver.
6
7 Sounds like it.
8
9 > In addition, I've noticed big difference is scan size of an image.
10 > Small receipt size: ~4in x 3in saved as pdf B/W in 200dpi resolution:
11 >
12 > gscan2pdf produced file size: 66.7kB
13 > xsane produce file size: 12.4kB
14
15 File saving is a different process from scanning. For B/W scans, I use
16 djvu with gscan2pdf, the files are *much* smaller.
17
18 > So in file size perspective xsane produced much smaller size.
19 > gscan2pdf provide crop tool to cut the borders, xsane does not have any
20 > crop tools.
21
22 Xsane doesn't need to provide image manipulation as it works as a GIMP
23 plugin.
27 Neil Bothwick
28
29 WinErr 01D: System crash - We are unable to figure out our own code.