From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage detects fake "world file problems" and packages that don't exist
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2022 10:01:20
1 On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 22:44:08 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2
3 > This is weird. When doing:
4 >
5 > emerge -auDU @world
6 >
7 > Portage says:
8 >
9 > ============
10 > !!! Problems have been detected with your world file
11 > !!! Please run emaint --check world
14 > !!! Ebuilds for the following packages are either all
15 > !!! masked or don't exist:
16 > media-sound/pavucontrol media-sound/pulseeffects sys-block/gparted
17 >
18 > Nothing to merge; quitting.
19 > ============
20 >
21 > My world file is fine and "emaint --check world" doesn't find anything.
22 > Also, all these packages that portage claims are masked or don't exist
23 > are not masked and they exist.
24
25 Have you edited your world file manually? I wonder if you could have
26 introduced some non-ASCII characters or changed line endings - something
27 that portage objects to but emaint doesn't.
28
29 If that sounds like clutching at straws, it's because it is.
33 Neil Bothwick
34
35 Top Oxymorons Number 19: Passive aggression