From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading from FX-5200 to a GeForce 6200 512MB
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:10:32
1 On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I appear to have another issue to deal with right now.  This is weird.  When
3 > I type in any nvclock command, I get something like this:
4 >
5 > root@smoker / # nvclock -i
6 > *** buffer overflow detected ***: nvclock terminated
7
8 Seems like maybe that is glibc stopping you from running a program
9 with a (potential) buffer overflow. You can set an environment
10 variable to make it stop doing that and let you run the program
11 anyway, assuming you don't want to edit nvclock's source code to fix
12 the problem. :)
13
14 Try:
15