From: James Broadhead <jamesbroadhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FreeType unpatented auto-hinter?
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 16:14:53
1 On 26 September 2011 16:49, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > ...but don't take my word for it... If you really need to know for sure
3 > - contact a lawyer[1].
4 >
5 > [1] IANAL :-)
6
7 If you were, would you give your opinion freely on the internet?
8 `s/would/could`?
9
10 Since our system is set up so that one can spend significant amounts
11 of money just to find out whether something is or is not a restricted
12 idea, only to end up in court anyway because others have more money to
13 employ lawyers to come up with creative counter-arguments, I don't
14 think that it's productive to emulate people who think that it's
15 reasonable or useful to append a disclaimer to every claim that they
16 make.
19 THIS EMAIL DOES NOT NECESSARILY NEED TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY. ANY WORDS
20 IN IT ARE ONES THAT I WROTE, AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO AMUSE OR
21 OTHERWISE BENEFIT ANY PARTIES THAT HAPPEN TO BE CELEBRATING ANYTHING.
22 DO NOT PRINT THIS, THINK OF THE CHILDREN. FNORD. (sorry)