From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.user@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Revival of Gentoo BugDay: everyone is welcome to come debug
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 13:00:35
1 # Gentoo BugDay
5 Come join us over at #gentoo-bugday on freenode IRC on the first Saturday of every month
6
7 to squash bugs and make Gentoo a bit more awesome.
11 You don't need to be a Gentoo developer or even a coder to help us on BugDay.
15 Our next BugDay is on 4th July 2020 and we have started making preparations for
16
17 selecting and prioritizing bug categories for that day.
21 ## Bug categories
25 The bug categories should be broad enough that there will be a lot of bugs being
26
27 targeted.
31 We keep a option poll open to everybody to help us narrow down the categories of bugs to focus.
32
33 The opinion poll is there to get an input from everyone about how to best tackle the
34
35 current bug situation and get an understanding of the community and developer priorities.
38 The poll is open at https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Bugday_2020-07-04/
42 ## For developers
46 Even if you have never coded for Gentoo you can help us with your experience.
47
48 It's always valuable to have your experience to guide us.
52 Things to help with
53
54 - Find a related bug that piques your interest.
55
56 - Look at upstream if this has been reported to them.
57
58 - If not, make a bug report to the upstream developers.
59
60 - If they have already seen it, check if they have managed to patch it.
61
62 - If not, try to gather as much information as you can about the bug so that
63
64 it may help the developer tackling it.
65
66 - Alert us at #gentoo-bugday and interact with us to see if this can be squashed.
70 ## For users
74 Users are one of the most important part of Gentoo and this is the occasion for
75
76 them to talk the developers and make your bugs looked at.
80 Take a look at the categories for BugDay at the poll link and the final BugDay
81
82 wiki page
83
84 - Find a related bug that you have experienced and has not been fixed yet
85
86 - Try to see how it can be reproduced.
87 - Get detailed information about your setup.
90 Come poke us about these bugs at #gentoo-bugday on the freenode IRC and we will
91
92 begin squashing any of
93 those that are pending.
97 ## Whats in it for me?
101 Bragging rights, permanently being listed on the charts of BugDay, sense of entitlement.
105 Any person who helps us solve valid problems will be given the honor of being listed on
106
107 the page.
111 Even users who help related bugs and find links which make our problem solving easier
112
113 will be put on a pedestal.
117 ## Contributors
121 Thanks a lot to jstein@ for being the gracious organizer and making sure everything goes smoothly.
125 And special thanks to contributors who have worked on our previous BugDays.
126
127 Past contributors:
131 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday_2020-06-06