From: n952162 <n952162@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power button to shutdown for openrc? [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 07:12:07
1 okay, I've got ...
2
3 acpid is, by default, not in the default openrc run list [:blush:]
4
5 Solution:
6
7     sudo rc-update add acpid
10 On 11/13/19 07:48, n952162 wrote:
11 >
12 > I've reinstalled gentoo from the gentoo repository and now my power
13 > button doesn't do a shutdown anymore.  What do I have to do to have it
14 > issue a shutdown?  This is an openrc system.
15 >
16 > I have this, but it doesn't work:
17 >
18 > $ cat  /etc/acpi/events/powerbtn
19 > event=button[ /]power.*
20 > action=/sbin/poweroff
21 >
22 > On a different gentoo system I have, I have just the one line, the
23 > action line, in that file and the power-button works fine (whether
24 > there's causation there or not, I have no idea :-) )
25 >
26 > I generally do /not/ press the power button while in my window
27 > manager, but first when I've logged off.  Since that wasn't working, I
28 > tried inside my window manager ... I got a just a couple of lines that
29 > looked like they came from shutdown(), but too few (couldn't read them).
30 >
31 > Then, on startup, the filesystems needed fscking!!!