From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: No sound over HDMI with SB600, 9800GT
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 03:38:53
1 Strake <strake888 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > I have an MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboard (SB600 chipset with ALC888
5 > Azalia audio) with an Asus EN9800GT video card. HDMI video, as well as
6 > analog audio works fine. However, there is no sound over HDMI. I am
7 > using alsa 1.0.18, kernel 2.6.24, with the snd_hda_intel driver.
8
9 Hello,
10
11 You might have multiple issues, depending on what (if any) other new
12 hardware you are using and have not previously been successful using
13 with HDMI.
14
15 Just a stab in the dark, but, do some research on HDCP
16 (HIGH-BANDWIDTH DIGITAL CONTENT PROTECTION) and make
17 sure that's not your issue, nor related to your equipment
18 configuration. That is, if you are outputting HDMI based
19 audio and video from a computer and trying to make it
20 all happy with a 1080p TV/monitor/audio type of setup....
23 Somehow find a way to test each component and make sure
24 it's working. You may need to fiddle with the setting
25 of the HDMI receiving device, or contact the manufacture
26 and find out if the device employs HDCP, it can be
27 turned off, or any other ideas the manufacture may have.
30 Being you are a pioneer in this area, you might want
31 to track down a 'HDMI Bus Analyzer' or a friend that
32 has one:
33
34 http://www.lecroy.com/tm/Options/Software/SDA-HDMI/default.asp
35