From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPv6 not ready here; Hmmm
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:47:21
1 On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Funny thing is, I use googles DNS servers.  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are the
3 > settings.  I find it ironic that Google is one of the ones hosting this
4 > event and it appears their server is not ready.  Makes me think. < Dale
5 > scratches chin a bit >
6
7 From Google DNS FAQ:
8
9 Does Google Public DNS support IPv6?
10 Google Public DNS can respond to requests for IPv6 addresses (AAAA
11 requests), but it does not yet support native IPv6 transport and
12 cannot talk to IPv6-only authoritative nameservers. Clients should use
13 IPv4 network connections to use Google Public DNS.