From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] best cflags and cpu for gentoo qemu virtual machine
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:24:28
1 On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Saturday, July 16 at 16:54 (+0300), Kfir Lavi said:
3 >> The mother machine will be Core I7 4 cores.
4 >> What cpu and CFLAGS should I use to get the best performance out of this vm?
5 >
6 > A router is not going to be CPU-bound.  Should matter little either way.
7
8 I agree it's not likely to matter significantly. In a VM environment,
9 though, it could conceivably be routing traffic between other VM
10 guests, and the nature of their locality could easily result in higher
11 traffic flows than you'd ever see running across a wire. Depends on
12 the use case, I imagine.
15 :wq