From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The latest java plugin is a giant PITA
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2014 13:39:59
1 On 2 February 2014 01:21:52 CET, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 >On Sat, 1 February 2014, at 6:30 pm, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
4 >wrote:
5 >> ...
6 >> If there is a better way, please let me know.
7 >>
8 >> The IPMI of my servers use a Java application to allow me to see the
9 >console.
10 >
11 >Not Dell DRACs, by any chance?
12 >
13 >I thought of them when I saw Walt's original posting earlier.
14 >
15 >I have a Black Box KVM-IP here which offers remote viewing by proper
16 >pure VNC - I think its onboard server is based on Tight VNC. It offers
17 >a reassuring certitude that it will never be made obsolete by some
18 >future Java update.
19 >
20 >Stroller.
21
22 No. TYAN mainboards with Aspeed IPMI/KVM onboard.
23
24 I like the option to be able to 'mount' an iso or usb stick from my laptop and make the server think I put a cd/dvd in a non existent drive in the server. Even though I am nowhere near.
25
26 I still have some older Java plugins. If need be, I will create a VM with an old plugin that I can use to access the servers.
29 Joost
30 --
31 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.