From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qemu / nbd
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:51:13
1 On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 12:01:33 -0700, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > qemu-nbd is a utility to act as a NBD server to allow the Linux kernel
4 > to be an NBD client to access qcow(2) image files.
5 >
6 > qemu-nbd is not /needed/ for normal QEMU operation.
7
8 No, but since it is provided by the ebuild, the ebuild should check that
9 the target system is capable of supporting it. The qemu ebuild already
10 spits out warnings about missing kernel options, not all of them
11 essential, so why not this one too?
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel...
18 but it was just some sod with a torch bringing me more work!