From: Michael Orlitzky <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo installation, network adapter not supported
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:47:17
1 On 06/29/2013 04:16 AM, Zind wrote:
2 > hi all,
3 > I am new to Gentoo. I came across some problems in the Gentoo
4 > installation process.
5 >
6 > ...
7 >
8 > After several times of STFW, I can confirm it's a network adapter driver
9 > support issue: lacks of coresponding network adapter drivers.
10 > For the AR8161 network adapter, it requires the alx kernal module: alx.ko.
11 > Previously, I thought I could at least compile this driver by myself,
12 > but soon I found it lacks of build-essential packages, too. :-(
15 You can try to use SystemRescueCD[1] (based on Gentoo) instead of the
16 minimum install CD. The instructions are identical, but sometimes the
17 SystemRescueCD is more up-to-date.
20 [1] http://www.sysresccd.org/