From: "Andrés Becerra Sandoval" <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] HAL permissions? (k3b sees no device at all)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 13:53:18
1 On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 7:06 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > while installing my 64bit Gentoo on base on the configuration
6 > of 32bit system I came across the problem, that k3b did not
7 > see any devices.
8 >
9 > HAD was running, butL: When "hal-devices" was executed as user "no
10 > devices found" (none! not single!) was reported, while executing the
11 > same command as root works fine. With strace I found that this was
12 > due to permissions problems dbus has.
13 >
14 > I "fixed" this by removing a section (found by diffing a
15 > configuration of and old but working version of dbus) from
16 > /etc/dbus-1/system.conf, without really knowing the impact.
17 >
18 > Now "hal-devices" also reports to a normal user.
19 >
20 > I added both system.conf files for your information to this email.
21 >
22 > "org.system.conf" is the file, which was originally installed and
23 > which does not work. "system.conf" is the hacked one, which work,
24 > but which may do other things (currently unkonw to me) things wrong.
25 >
26 > What is the correct way to fix permission problems
27 > (or access rights) in conjunction with dbus the correct way?
28 >
29 > Thank you for your help in advance!
30 >
31 > Best regards,
32 > mcc
37 Hello,
38
39 I had the same problem before migrating my kernel to use ATA instead of
40 deprecated IDE support for disks and cd/dvd drives. After migration,
41 everything is working just fine.
44 Andrés Becerra Sandoval