From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] system clock keeps getting reset to weird times
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 22:22:01
1 Robert Persson wrote:
2 > For instance I sometimes find that the kde clock tells me that I
3 > am on UTC rather than PST. At other times it tells me that I am
4 > on PST, but gives a time exactly 8 hours in the future.
5 >
6 > Now it is getting even weirder because I find that when I boot up
7 > and enter kde, the clock shows a time approximately, but not
8 > exactly, 10 days in the past.
9
10 Your hardware clock is supposed to be at UTC?
11 Check with 'grep CLOCK= /etc/conf.d/clock'.
12
13 Your time zone is correctly set?
14 Check with 'ls -l /etc/localtime'.
15
16 If those are okay, do:
17
18 rm /etc/adjtime
19 hwclock --set --utc --date="2005-11-18 21:34" # example time
20 hwclock --hctosys
21
22 If your hardware clock must be at local time, then replace --utc
23 with --localtime.
24
25 Benno
26 --