From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kdelibs recompile required but not recognized
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 00:21:46
1 On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 6:52 PM, <felix@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I am probably missing something really basic here.  I get quite a few
3 > emerge failures like this:
4 >
5 >    checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
6 >    configure: error:
7 >    you need to install kdelibs first.
8 >
9 >    If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
10 >    this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
11 >    The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
12 >    _same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
13 >    configuration settings.
16 >    !!! Please attach the following file when seeking support:
17 >    !!! /var/tmp/portage/app-office/karbon-1.6.2/work/karbon-1.6.2/config.log
18 >
19 > Several remerges of kdelibs don't change it a whit, not even a single
20 > solitary son-of-whit.
21 >
22 > What exactly should I do to clear this up?
23 >
24 > This is a ~amd64 system.
25
26 I see you're trying to install KOffice 1.x. What version of kdelibs
27 and KDE are you using? What version of Qt? Do you have mixed KDE/Qt
28 versions installed? Useing kdeprefix USE flag or not? Thanks :)