From: "Hieu
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Exluding some apps from emerge --update world
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:10:35
1 -r1, -r2, -r3 are also usually fixes to the ebuild itself. For
2 example, one -r5 ebuild had the Xorg modular deps included in it,
3 while the -r4 did not. So it also affects your own system and how it
4 interacts with portage.
5 I suggest you use -l flag with emerge, or head/cat the Changelog
6 inside the ebuild which is asked to upgrade to -rX and see if it is
7 important or not before thinking of masking all the -rX updates.
8