From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] E17 installation
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:56:43
1 On Sunday 28 November 2010 17:01:22 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > On more business matters, have the ebuilds in enlightenment overlay
4 > successfully installed for you? And has the category for EFL's media libs
5 > settled down? This business of media-libs vs x11-libs caused me huge
6 > amounts of grief about a year ago....
7
8 Yes, I remember the media-libs change. I thought it was more recent than that
9 - doesn't time fly! I must have been lucky because I uninstalled/reinstalled
10 affected packages and all was fine with my E17. Bear in mind though that I
11 have not installed all modules - I tend to emerge only what I use/need
12 regularly.
13
14 This weekend I removed efl and added the enlightenment overlay. Then checked
15 that the following packages were keyworded as -9999, which were (re)installed
16 without any problems:[1]
17
18 dev-libs/ecore
19 dev-libs/e_dbus
20 dev-libs/eet
21 dev-libs/eina
22 dev-libs/embryo
23 dev-libs/efreet
24 media-libs/edje
25 media-libs/ethumb
26 media-libs/evas
27 x11-wm/enlightenment
28 media-libs/emotion
29 dev-libs/eeze
30
31 [1] In the process I had to uninstall some efl packages to avoid conflicts.
32
33 I see that there are loads more packages in enlightenment overlay than what I
34 have installed, but I am not sure if I need them (please let me know if you
35 thing I'm missing out something basic). In time I will be trying more
36 packages out no doubt.
37
38 I also tried for a few days to switch away from -9999 and into the betas
39 offered by the portage tree - then things got terribly messy and decided to
40 stick with svn for now.
41
42 So I think that the enlightenment overlay is usable, but as with all SVN
43 things ... YMMV. ;-)
44 --
45 Regards,
46 Mick