From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [HEADS UP] udev-181
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:18:06
1 On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I just had a bit of a scare after updating to udev-181, but
3 > all is well now, finally.  (I hope :)
4 >
5 > In addition to the separate /usr problem that has already
6 > been discussed at length here, there are other important
7 > changes in udev-181 to be aware of.
8 >
9 > First, I had to add two new items to my kernel config:
10 > CONFIG_DEV_TMPFS (which I thought I'd had for years but didn't)
11 > and CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL.  I also elected to make the devfs
12 > automounting, but I don't think that was really necessary.
13 >
14 > Second, don't forget like I did to update the udev initscripts
15 > with etc-update or your machine won't be able to find the udev
16 > files in their new locations (just like mine didn't) and none
17 > of your kernel modules will auto-load, either.
18 >
19 > Oh, and of course you need to pre-mount /usr before udev starts
20 > if you have a separate /usr partition -- but you already knew
21 > that ;)
22
23 Is there an ENOTICE warning in the ebuild to hit people over the head
24 with these?
25
26 Also, how trivial would it be to have the ebuild check the running
27 kernel config (if available under /proc or wherever) for the necessary
28 config options?
31 :wq