From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setgid fails with apache 2.4 but not with apache 2.2
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 09:26:06
1 mats.lidell@×××.se wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > After upgrading to apache 2.4 I'm stuck with getting suexec to work for
5 > userdir. In the suexec_log I'm getting the error message:
6 >
7 > [<DATE TIME>]: uid: (1000/<user>) gid: (100/<group>) cmd: <cgi-script-name>
8 > [<DATE TIME>]: failed to setgid (100: <cgi-script-name>)
9 >
10 > So it is coming so far as to trying to change the user id and group id but
11 > fails, at least, on setting the group id.
12 >
13 > The odd thing is that if I downgrade to apache 2.2 suexec works and my userdir
14 > web pages then works fine.
15 >
16 > I don't expect that I have found a bug in apache 2.4 so left is something wrong
17 > in my configuration. But what mistake in the configuration of apache 2.4
18 > could make setgid to fail? I'm stuck. Suggestions highly appreciated!
19 >
20 > Yours
23 I don't use or have any experience with apache but this was my first
24 thought when I read your message. Is there a change in your USE flags
25 between those two versions?
26
27 My second thought, did you look to see if there is a elog message after
28 the install? That may tell you about some other change between those
29 two versions, if any. I use elogviewer to see those messages, well, on
30 those rare occasions that I look. lol
31
32 If neither of those helps any, maybe someone else will pop in with some
33 real ideas. ;-)
34
35 Dale
36