From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what is calling perl all the time?
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 14:15:07
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have the weirdest poRblem I've experienced yet:
4
5 recently, my cpu monitor and process count monitor started showing all
6 these spikes, so it looks like a comb! Wondering why, I did some
7 investigating.
8
9 Watching top, perl seems to appear and disappear all the time. I can't
10 trace it to anything, but it's annoying!
11
12 It's only eating up a small (<15%) Chunk of cpu for about 1 second in
13 every two, so I don't notice it all that much, but still it shouldn't be
14 there.
15
16 I wouldn't have a clue where to start looking for this one - system logs
17 show nothing of value. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!!
18
19 thanks,
23 It is not a good omen when goldfish commit suicide.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list