From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] specifying DNS servers
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 18:59:53
1 Name resolution is name resolution, whether on the static line or the
2 dynamic line. What difference does it make?
6 -----Original Message-----
7 From: Mark [mailto:whitetr6@×××××.com]
8 Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 2:44 PM
9 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
10 Subject: [gentoo-user] specifying DNS servers
14 Can I specify different DNS servers for each of my two physical interfaces
15 to use? One nic is configured for DHCP, and the other is static. The DHCP
16 enabled NIC gets its DNS server list automatically and updates (overwrites)
17 /etc/resolv.conf. How can I point my static IP NIC to a different DNS server
18 since it's on a different network? Or is there a different/better solution?
21 Mark
22 [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]