From: Marc Blumentritt <marc.blumentritt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] test, if module was loaded with module option?
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 14:07:22
1 Hi,
2
3 Christian Franke schrieb:
4 > On 12/29/2008 02:32 PM, Marc Blumentritt wrote:
5 >> is there a general way to test, if a kernel module was loaded with a
6 >> module option and which module options were used?
7 >
8 > There is at least /sys/module/<modulname>/parameters/<parametername>
9 > If there is nothing else, one could at least compare each parameter to
10 > its default value or something like that. Attention, not everything in
11 > /sys/module _is_ a module, seems more like everything that is or _could_
12 > be a module is there.
13
14 Thanks for the info, but at my system there is no parameters folder for
15 the module I want to check. To be specific, I use lirc (which is still
16 outside of the kernel) and load the required modules during boot up. I
17 use baselayout-2 and set the option inside /etc/conf.d/modules:
18
19 module_lirc_imon_args="pad2keys_active=1"
20
21 Now I want to see, if this option is really set, because my remote is
22 not working good (have to press a button a few times before something
23 happens).
24
25 I have to load 2 modules for lirc: lirc_dev (general module) and
26 lirc_imon (my remote). For lirc_dev, there is a parameters dir, but not
27 for lirc_imon.
28
29 I think I have to ask the lirc maintainer for help.
30
31 Thanks anyway.
32 Marc