From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Maybe OT]: Instability of system
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 20:13:21
1 On 11/06/18 20:11, R0b0t1 wrote:
2 > AMD is an American company based out of California. However rereading
3 > the post I notice he is using Euros, in which case there are likely
4 > even stronger guarantees of fitness for a particular purpose. I
5 > suppose it doesn't help that the seller seems to have gone bankrupt.
6
7 Apologies, but I am lucky to have an excellent memory, and I do get a
8 bit grumpy sometimes when another poster has either not read or
9 forgotten information that was mentioned earlier.
10
11 As for AMD being American, reading Wikipedia I see they are, but I was
12 under the impression they were German. (The OP is in Germany despite
13 their anglo-saxon sounding name.) However, I note that they were in a
14 joint venture with Siemens, which I guess is where I got that
15 impression. Maybe (having gone fabless) a lot of their chips are
16 produced by Siemens in Germany - I don't know.
17
18 (And I'm sitting on a system - which I haven't yet managed to boot
19 successfully - where my supplier too has gone bust :-(
20
21 Cheers,
22 Wol