From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] kdevelop-3.5.4 && avahi && qt3-useflag
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:16:24
1 Hi there!
2
3 I just wanted to emerge dev-util/kdevelop-3.5.4-r1 from kde-sunset, which
4 failed because kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 fails to compile due to:
5
6 * ERROR: kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 failed:
7 * net-dns/avahi-0.6.24-r2 does not actually support the qt3 USE flag!
8
9 The situation is quite a deadlock, because avahi doesn't support the qt3
10 useflag anymore, and the dependency for kdnssd-avahi comes through kdelibs,
11 which selects either avahi or mdnsresponder depending on its avahi-useflag.
12 Removing avahi for kdelibs is not possible, as it results in blocking packages
13 (avahi and mdnsresponder cannot be installed at the same time), and removing
14 avahi-support entirely for the whole system is a thing I really don't want to
15 do.
16
17 So, I'm stuck now, I can't install kdevelop-3.5.4 due to use-flag problems
18 which are entirely irrelevant for kevelop :-(
19
20 Thanks for suggestions
21
22 Alex