From: Jonas Geiregat <yux@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] why gentoo doesn't have long description?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:14:54
1 Michael Crute wrote:
2
3 > First of all, sorry about top posting that's the way Gmail does it and
4 > you cant change the settings.
5 >
6 > Also if you are looking for a lazy man's way of getting a package
7 > description try `emerge -s packagename` and it prints out a lot of
8 > information as well as a short description of the package. I have
9 > never seen a long description such as those used to build Debian
10 > packages anywhere in portage and don't really think it would be useful
11 > anyhow. So try emerge -s and if you need more info go to the packae's
12 > website. That would be my advice. Oh, and emerge -s works off the
13 > metadata so you dint need an Internet connection.
14 >
15 Please stay on topic , that's for all of you !
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list