From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: update gentoo without network [SOLVED]
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:36:47
1 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > Raffaele Belardi wrote:
3 >> I have gentoo system A (~x86) on a network that does not allow portage
4 >> access to internet due to some authentication issue. System B (~amd64)
5 >> is on another network with no such restrictions.
6 >>
7 >> To bypass the restrictions I made a copy of A on a removable media,
8 >> chroot into it from B and 'emerge-webrsync; emerge --fetchonly' from
9 >> there. Then attach the media to A and overwrite /usr/portage with the
10 >> updated one from the removable media.
11 >>
12 >> This works but updating the chroot from B always re-downloads all the
13 >> packages since the first time I created the chroot, not only those from
14 >> the last update. I suppose portage maintains a database of the installed
15 >> packages that I need to copy back to the removable media after each
16 >> system A update, but where is it?
17 >
18 > I suppose the database I'm looking for is /var/db/pkg, right?
21 Just tested, it works:
22
23 1. cp -a /var/db/pkg from system A to removable media
24 2. chroot ; emerge-webrsync ; emerge --fetchonly -uDvN world
25 3. cp -a /usr/portage from removable media to system A
26 4. next week, goto 1
27
28 raffaele