From: Ric de France <rdefrance@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc with other distro (Debian)
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 06:43:35
1 Hi Kacper,
2
3 On 02/08/07, Kacper Goc <kacper.goc@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > I'm using Gentoo on my Dell Latitide D610 laptop. I also have root
5 > access to Dell PowerEdge 860 server with 2 Xeon processors running
6 > under Debian.
7 > Is there any way to configure portage/distcc to compile on server?
8
9 I'm guessing that on the debian box, you run something like
10
11 # apt-get install distcc
12
13 Then configure it to accept distcc requests from the laptop. I used this guide:
14
15 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
16
17 a while ago and got it running, but the machines involved were all
18 running Gentoo. There may be a gotcha of glibc (or other)
19 incompatibilities / inconsistencies between Gentoo and Debian, but I'm
20 sure others on this list can advise you better.
21
22 HTH (sorta),
23
24 ...Ric
25 --
26 Ric de France
27 Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)
28 ==> Do you, uh... Gentoo? Gentoooo-hooo!! <==
29 ==> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml <==
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list