From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: usb printer disappears on cups upgrade
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2013 01:42:41
1 On 08/02/2013 07:23 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > I have a long running machine with a local epson usb printer using the
3 > kernel lpusb
4 >
5 > Using cups <=1.5.2-r4 I can print ... upgrade to 1.6.2-r* and cups cant
6 > see the usb printer. The only errors in the cups log are to do with
7 > systemd service files which I masked a couple of days ago - the usb
8 > problem was happening before though.
9 >
10 > I tried both with and without the kernel module and usb use flag with no
11 > difference. I cant create a new printer in 1.6.2 because the usb port
12 > doesnt show up at all.
13
14 Does the printer appear in dmesg when you plug it in?