From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Adwaita cursors
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 15:06:57
1 There was a problem with Adwaita-icon-theme creating an unwanted symlink :
2 see Bugs 543488 + 543902 (March-April 2015).
3 That has been stopped, but these icons + cursors are now being enforced
4 in all Gtk+ apps, eg Firefox Gvim. I don't mind the icons,
5 but don't like the cursors. The solution is simple :
6 delete or rename /usr/share/cursors/xorg-x11/Adwaita/ ,
7 when those apps will use the normal X11 cursors instead.
8 Why Adwaita is a requirement for Gtk+ is beyond me,
9 but anyone else who doesn't like it can easily avoid the results.
10
11 FYI
15 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca