From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: AMD 64 bit system selections
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:51:45
1 John Jolet <john <at> jolet.net> writes:
2
3 > > We'll I'm finally taking the plunge and building a high performance
4 > > 64 bit AMD system. Oh, but the company paying for it insist upon
5 > > windozXP 64bit, just in case Gentoo does not work. I'm really surprise
6 > > some vendor is not listed on gentoo.org, as it'd make this purchase
7 > > more straightforward, and It'd be a great opportunity to support
8 > > Gentoo.
9 > > Any 'off the shelf' system recommendations, or should I just purchase
10 > > pieces? (Reasonable vendors that build systems and perform Gentoo
11 > > installation here in the US?)
14 Well you pretty much just mentioned what I was leaning to. On the HD front,
15 check out this bad boy: Hitachi T7K500, 500 GB SATA-2. Almost as fast
16 as the WD 10,000 rpm raptor drives, from what I've read....
17
18 Thanks for the info.
21 James
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list