From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge is "Waiting for lirc_client.o.lock to be removed"
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:04:23
1 On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10:45:30 -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
2
3 > I've stopped lircd, removed all lirc kernel modules, searched the
4 > entire file system for a file named "lirc_client.o.lock", searched
5 > Google for the same, even rebooted, and am still stuck at this point.
6 > I keep using 'emerge --resume' to retry as i don't want to rebuild the
7 > 130+ things that have already been built. I just want to continue with
8 > the remaining 250+.
9 >
10 > Any ideas on how to overcome this hurdle?
11
12 The short term fix is to use emerge --resume --skipfirst to continue with
13 the next package in the list. It (probably) won't help fix the lircd
14 problem, but it will let you emerge everything else.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 "getting performance from an Amiga is like getting water from a sponge,
21 getting performance from Windows is like getting blood from a stone -
22 after banging my head against the stone several times I got some blood"
23
24 Author of Lightwave 3D